Thursday, January 24, 2008

lunch confessions

today i'm having lunch with polly who is one of our chapter leaders. we're meeting so i can give her a progress report on my event, so it may be a surprise to her to find out i'm taking it online! i'm a little nervous that the chapter will think i'm bailing out on my original idea, which maybe i am a little bit. it does seem to me that this will make it more accessible for more people. people who might not have been able to make it to the event can definitely check out the auction online and the artists will have more exposure since i can do artist profiles and link to their websites etc etc.
the only person from the chapter who i've told so far is estefania and that's because she was my venue coordinator and was in the process of researching venues.
anyway. i'm totally psyched about doing it online and having this blog to support it so i'm sure i'll be able to share my enthusiasm with polly and the rest.
we are having an executive committee meeting on saturday so they will all find out soon!

No comments:

Information

Comments and questions are highly encouraged! If you're interested in volunteering with Room to Read please feel free to email me as I am also the Volunteer Coordinator for the Denver/Boulder chapter or if you are an artist and would like to donate to the cause!
Email me here: Aimee's email
For general information on Room to Read visit their website at
http://www.roomtoread.org/