Monday, January 28, 2008

in it to win it

friday afternoon estefania sent me an email giving me the details of renting the oriental theatre for the event, i guess she had just heard back from them. AND...the details are we could have it free if we guarantee a $1500 bar tab. easy! however, by friday afternoon i was still in the mindset that i was going to make this an online auction but i must admit receiving that information was making me doubt my decision a little. not to mention that my fortune cookie from lunch said "some people never have anything but ideas. go do it."

saturday i carpooled to the executive committee meeting with polly and susie and on the way there they talked me back into have the full on event, promising to help me. one of the biggest reasons i had decided to make this an online event was because i was having a hard time putting a committee together so this was a great relief to me. i went over my idea again at the meeting and a few of the people who hadn't heard the full details were really excited about it so that helped as well. thursday we are having our first committee meeting in boulder at polly's.

i guess it's a go! (again!)

No comments:

Information

Comments and questions are highly encouraged! If you're interested in volunteering with Room to Read please feel free to email me as I am also the Volunteer Coordinator for the Denver/Boulder chapter or if you are an artist and would like to donate to the cause!
Email me here: Aimee's email
For general information on Room to Read visit their website at
http://www.roomtoread.org/